Thursday, January 2, 2020

Hello, and Welcome!

It's now 2020; but no, starting this blog is not a New Year's Resolution - so let's get that out of the way first.

A number of years ago I had started a blog under the name Lighthouse Keeper, which filled the need at the time, of a Maritime girl straight out of central casting, thrust into the mean dirty world of the big land-locked city that is Toronto. It could not have been more of a 'fish out of water' story, truly. But since making (swimming?) my way back to my beloved part of the country, surrounded by ocean waves, I have lost the need to use my blog the way I previously had.

I had thought about reinventing the blog, but to what? And why? My desire to write battled with the availability to do so, and the content of which I would write. I refuse to turn any blog into a "dear Diary" themed piece; I don't cook, don't travel as much as I would like, and I have no desire to become a 'media influencer'...so that really limits me in what people tend to post on blog nowadays.

So it dawned on me that starting a new blog about the old movies I watch would fulfill several needs:
1. The constant pull my heart feels to type my thoughts onto a page.
2. Document the old movies I watch (I've watched so many in the last few years that I find I am losing track).
3. Not just document, but provide a movie review of sorts - but without posting publicly on IMBD or some sort of platform where others can judge (because who wants that?!).
4. Fulfill my desire to be a TCM host in the most realistic way I can.

Okay, so maybe this is a tiny bit of a New Years Resolution. Maybe.

So here's to 2020 and keeping the Golden Age of Hollywood alive and well!

PS - Although I'm posting as "Dame Ingénue" (if you don't understand that name, please let me know and I will give you a lesson in old movies 101) I'm keeping the account name of Lighthouse Keeper, because there would be nothing more awesome than living in a lighthouse and watching old movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet John Doe (1941)

I have a confession to make: I had recorded this movie a very long time before I ever watched it. The title and description just didn't ...